Sunday 15 July 2007

Dog Tired

It was good to get back doing some training after illness and racing. It's surprising how much endurance strength you loose quite quickly by not keeping up with your long distance training. After a hilly long training run where i would normally expect to be tired i was on my last legs this time. The last time i ran round this route i was almost at race speed most of the way round. Even so it was good to get the long run in after so many missed long run sessions over the last few months.
If i was in any doubt as to whether this sudden drop in endurance strength was confided to myself , my good old training partner the dog was totally worn out as well. only difference is , the dog can fully recover after 4 hours. I wonder if it's what it eats. I myself am not serious enough to try this idea out yet , but please let me know if you give it a go.

No comments: