Saturday 22 September 2007

Gone with the wind. (Hopefully)

Just to make sure i need to get fully focused on training this winter , i have added some extra names to my hit list. I usually only add runners that are just ahead of me in races but now i've decided to go all out and put them all on it, as well as those just behind me . You never know who's going to be sneaking up on you when you least expect it.
I could do with travelling more to get into those bigger races , but with that many races i like doing in our region, with road,fell,trail,cross country and hoping to add some track races as well ,God knows how i'm going to fit in any marathon training in. If i'm going to travel to bigger races i'll have to buy a van with a treadmill fitted in the back. That way the wife can drive to the race whilst i get some training in the back. I'm sure a 3 day weekend would be alot better than the traditional 2 day. Looking at www.athleticsdata.com and under athletes , i certainly seem to be racing alot compared to other runners. And the list s not including all the off road races.
I have just noticed i have been knocked off my number one spot for the National Ranking for 10 miles V35. My time of 51:42 has been lowered to 50:51 so i will be hoping for a gail force tail wind all the way round the Thirsk 10 in December.
The Ampleforth Trail Race Race went quite well , i managed to knock over a minute off my best time round this course and that's without going at maximum effort all the way round. The Dale Sports Vouchers i won will come in very handy added to some others i've already won. With a 20% discount voucher as well i'm hoping to get some new training shoes without spending to much. Phil Utley from the Club says it's tuff going for us mid pack runners. Best i could offer was a loan of my new shoes for a couple of training runs , but with the size of his feet he would need to sew them together to make one shoe.
The dog seemed to find a new running friend after the race presentation, the speed work should do her well especially after all the base miles shes got in.
Back to training and a good long run before i take those North East young guns on in two weeks time at Hartlepool.I can feel the pain already.(fantastic)

No comments: