Wednesday 30 April 2014

"The best training plans are written in pencil"

 "The best training plans are written in pencil."
I ditched the idea of doing a 5.25k test run for a speed session as I thought there would be very little to gain from doing another test run. I reckon I could of taken around 8 to 10 seconds off my last test time of 16 minutes 02 seconds to get under the sixteen minute barrier but the meagre improvement didn't inspire me enough to tackle another test.
   I put plenty of effort into today's speed training and after looking back over the past few months worth of training I can see that I am falling into the same old trap of gradually cutting down my hard training sessions until I am left with four or five options that I keep doing week in week out. So I will be seeing to that straight away, what happened to my hill training where did that go ? Sprint finish training ? Mid race attack mode training ? All gone, but now back on the menu, good job too as I'm hungry, hungry for improvement.
  I have some new training shoes arriving tomorrow as I have managed to wear out my old worn out trainers. I had worn the tread out and was making my way through the cushioning foam, I can't say I will be sad to see them go as I never did like their nasty pinky orange colour. At least the new version are black.

No comments: