Sunday 24 August 2008

Eager to Return.

After watching the Olympics and the Marathon the Tholthorpe 10k some how doesn't seem so important now, but non the less i'll continue with my preparations. By the time of the Tholthorpe 10k i would of been away from racing for 6 weeks and already i'm keen to get back to it. I will be hoping to try and beat one of my personal best times over the next few months as i haven't managed to beat any this year so far. I will be aiming to beat my 10k, 1/2 marathon and 10 mile times. I will be targeting sub 31 mins for 10k, Sub 67 for half marathon and sub 51 minutes for 10 miles all before the end of November.
The dog came out on Saturday it must of known it was going fell running, i went round the Whorlton fell race route with the Carlton Challenge fell route added on. The Carlton route was a real pain with the bracken round about waist height and forever getting tangled round my ankles. I'll stick to trail routes in future as i didn't find much fun in that.
I see my prediction of Wanjiru winning the Marathon came good, for my next prediction i tip Dunn for the 2009 Brass Monkey in a new course record, did i say predict i meant wish. My big aim for next year which will be driving me through this years winter training will be running the Marathon in 2 hours 24 minutes or less.

No comments: