Saturday 4 October 2008

GOODBYE MUM.

I visited my mum to say goodbye for the last time, i sat there for the last few remaining hours of her life, i never did say goodbye. I never did said goodbye because i didn't want her to go anywhere. Then it was too late she had gone, i'm not one for words when it comes to telling someone how much i love them and will miss them, there's probably not any words to describe how i feel anyway, but from my family words are not needed to show how much we care. After time people probably think the mental scars have heeled, but they never do. Days and years go bye and from the outside everything seems normal but inside you never forget. My brother died 30 years ago and i bet there's not been a week where thoughts of him have passed through my mind. I'm not the only person to of lost a loved one, but just because i never mention them doesn't mean i have forgotten.
I will resume training very shortly and i will use all my sad thoughts into driving me onwards through winter training in preparation for my The Edinburgh Marathon, which now has a place in my history as being the last happy day with my mum.
GOODBYE MUM.

No comments: