Sunday 9 November 2008

Back to basics

After overlooking my training for the last few months i have come to the conclusion that i have used up all my training miles i had banked and gone overdrawn. So this week i have started yet again in the quest to get some steady miles back in the bank. On the menu today was a hilly 22 miler and to prevent myself from trying too hard i left my watch at home, but my legs were well shot by the end. It's the final race in the Club Championship next weekend which is the Cross Country Race at Middlesbrough which i need to do but it doesn't fit in with my training what so ever. As i'm not going very well at all at the moment it seems pretty pointless going to the race and wasting another weekend of training.
On a positive side my weight training is almost as good as it has ever been and i've another 12 weeks to improve on previous years results. I've gone back to doing one session a week on the treadmill which i make just about impossible to complete, as i felt that i wasn't getting or trying no where near hard enough at the club training session.
I was suffering with bouts of cramp when exercising but that seems to of gone now that i have flushed all the Lager out of my system that i consumed on Holiday. That's the only problem with Holidays i seem to eat and drink as much crap as possible and then spend months trying to get rid of all the excess. Another problem with Holidays is trying to get back to working all day, it's a shame they don't let you ease back into it for a few weeks like you would do returning to running after an injury.
Bloody Hell ! They moved where i work whilst i was away, it was only a 30 minute bike ride before i went and that first day back at work took me forty minutes to get there, and i was absolutely knackered as well.
I went to one of those shopping retail parks this weekend and i thought i would get something for winter training whilst i was there, but the sports shops don't have anything for sports people. So i was out of luck yet again.
I did hear from the Edinburgh Marathon saying i qualify for accommodation and traveling expenses as well as free entry and appearance money. I emailed them back saying yes please but i'm still waiting for a reply.

1 comment:

Janet and Lenore said...

Hi Gary,
If you do come to Edinburgh - which I recommend, have a look at Edinburgh Self Catering for your accommodation. Plenty of choice and lots of flexibility.