Thursday 12 November 2009

Easy,Easy,Easy.

The only problem with easy weeks I find is that it leaves you with a feeling of under achieving. I know the easy week will do me good come race day on Saturday but it is definitely a strange feeling to say the least.. To be on the safe side I even had a nice leisurely work out at the gym but that is after cycling to and from work in the rain. I was hoping for some drier weather for Saturday but the weather forecast says otherwise. At least I will have the England tent to relax and keep dry in, which is an improvement to what we have at the cross country fixtures with the Thirsk and Sowerby Harriers, a rain jacket supplied by yourself is as good as it gets.
The Thirsk 10 miler has now over a thousand runners and should get even more entries over the weekend, so the competition should be really good and with it being a really fast course plenty of P.B.'s should be had, hopefully !
With not doing any test runs of any use I will be unable this time to try and stick to any set pace so I will just have to go for the old tried and tested method of going out hard, and gradually slowing down as the pain increases.

No comments: