Sunday 8 November 2009

Where's the rain when you need it.

Having just bought my new rain proof jacket yesterday in preparation for all the up and coming wet weather, I just knew it wouldn't rain today now that I am prepared. Typical ! I opted for my 19 mile route today which took in the Kilburn 7 mile race route in the middle section, everything was going well but I was a bit slow around the Kilburn route. I will put it down to being heavy legged from yesterday's weight lifting session.
Only six days to go now for the masters international cross country so this week will have to be nice and easy, especially from Wednesday onwards. Funny thing is I will miss doing my hell on a treadmill session on Thursday, and will have to make do with a weekend away. Next years Brithish Masters Cross Country Championships is in Belfast and at the moment as much as I would like to do it, it does seem very expensive.
This Christmas for a change I have decided to have a go at the Ribble Valley 10k which will be my very last chance to get under 32 minutes for 10k this season. I should be able to do do this easy enough I would of thought. Yet again this year I have missed running on fast courses at certain distances when in top form due to having other races to compete in.

No comments: