Sunday 24 June 2007

Look At That Devil Go !

The Rainton 10k

As i set off at the start of the Rainton 10k Race i'm sure i heard a voice call out, "Look at that Devil go." I immediately thought about how fast i had set off again , typically too fast. But what they must of seen was my Rainton Demon leaving me for some other poor soul.
I went well this year for a change and actually felt quite strong at the finish. I was begining to change my mind about Rainton being tough then a couple of runners in the top 10 came stumbling and crawling over the finish line. Maybe they're the poor souls who had taken my Rainton Demons for a run. So i left Rainton quite pleased and looking forward to Burn Valley Half Marathon , or even a mid-week Harrogate League race. For me the end of the season is 31st of July so i've not long to go now. Then i should get back to some good training before i race myself into the ground. As i predicted , i enjoyed it afterwards.

No comments: