Thursday 5 November 2009

Dry days ahead.

After Sunday's drenching and another one the day after running to work I have decided to delay buying some new race shoes and go for a new rain proof jacket instead. I remember a few years ago when I bought my gore-tex jacket that is in present use and came to the conclusion that it was one of my better buys and worth every penny seeing as running in the worst of the British winter weather was no longer a problem. Unfortunately after about 150 washes all the weather proofing has vanished and the material is now that thin it wouldn't keep you warm in a sauna. It's on par with suffering with injured feet by running around in some worn out old trainers that were once your favourites which you convince yourself they are still as good as new even though most of the tread has gone and it's down to the foam in places, oh ! and one of your toe's is starting to poke out of the side of the shoe.

So I reckon I'm going for the Original Mountain Marathon Kamleika Race Jacket.

With all the treadmill running I'm doing at the moment it even looks like I've been out in the rain when I've finished due to being drenched head to toe in sweat.

At the moment I'm still improving with the weight training and running on the treadmill, but as of yet I can't say I have noticed any difference when I'm out road running. I suppose the Thirsk 10 will solve that mystery.

The dog has become real friendly recently and snuggles up close at every opportunity, probably due to the severe hair cut I gave it. I gave it a crew cut with a bald chest, it's not what I had intended so you wouldn't want to ask me to cut your hair.

No comments: