Tuesday 1 December 2009

Test with a difference.

Roll on Thursday. After getting in 14 miles of running today on tired legs and with club speed training tomorrow I'm already looking forward to Thursday's gym session. An all round session should do the trick, with weight lifting for starters followed by a stepping machine work out for mains and finishing with a short but fast speed session on the treadmill, just in case a sprint finish is needed in a race. Saturday will be the main pain day with one hour of speed work.


I have been asked by Orbana Health Energy to trial their energy drink. It's a newly-launched drink that provides a sustained energy release without any caffeine, artificial sweeteners, colours or preservatives. It works by using a unique blend of complex carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and electrolytes to give you constant energy without the spike or crash. My hour speed work session on the treadmill this Saturday and the hilly 22 miler the week after should test this product to it's limits, so a report won't be long in coming.



I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of my new race shoes, they can be added to the test on Saturday as well, I'm off to my works Christmas do on Saturday night so if anyone wants me test any hang-over remedies please let me know ASAP.






No comments: