Monday 30 November 2009

Matching arms and legs.

The legs weren't ready to go back running today so I had a 15 mile bike ride followed by a weight lifting session at the gym as to even things up a bit so everything aches. It's a seven mile run in the morning to work which shouldn't be too bad, but I'm sure the run back home will be hard work as stiffness sets back in through out the day. If it freezes tonight I may have to skate to work with all the roads that are flooded around these parts.
After yesterday's performance I will be aiming for a PB at the Ribble Valley 10k. 31 minutes 10 seconds sounds like a hard but achievable target. The trouble with PB's is it is a never ending, never happy syndrome, run sub 31 and then you wouldn't be happy until you broke the 30 minute barrier and so on.
41 today so my age adjusted 10 mile time works out at 51 minutes 02 seconds, so may be I am getting faster, just age related faster. Just to make sure all corners are covered I have ordered some new race shoes, the feel good factor should help remove at least 5 seconds over 10k, I would of ordered 10 pairs if the time saving was cumulative.

No comments: