Wednesday 20 January 2010

Just knew it !

On Friday my heart rate was at least twelve beats above normal at rest which was a sure sign of something not being quite right. Then after the race on Sunday my lungs were really sore which is the first sign of me getting a cold. Low and behold I have a stinking cold, I'm not backing out of the Brass Monkey just yet and I have no intentions of doing so, it's just a good job the race wasn't today as I would of been a D.N.S.
Another quote I have come across is "don't count the days but make the days count." Now if that's not a good bit of advice for marathon training then I don't know what is.
I was struggling with fitting a long run in next weekend but now I have booked next Friday off work to get the car serviced, which will leave me time for a three hour run whilst it's being serviced. You don't find time you have to make it.
I won't be going to Belfast for this years British Masters Cross Country Championships due to the cost of shipping the family over there for the weekend but the BMAF Indoor Track Championships at Lee Valley Stadium do look appealing. Another decision was which half marathon distance race to do in April in preparation for Edinburgh Marathon and this year as last I have opted for Sheffield Half Marathon. Another part of my master plan is to do a long hardish run the weekend before the marathon as I find it helps me cope with the distance come race day.

No comments: