Monday 18 January 2010

Flaming Lungs and Dewsbury.

"If you have a bad race but finish breathing there is still a chance another day."

My lungs were still smouldering this morning after being on fire after yesterdays effort at the indoor track race. So the good news is they should be fitter and stronger come Sunday. For a recovery session the gym came in handy yet again but that was after cycling 15 miles. After all the bad weather it's looking quite good for the Brass Monkey Half Marathon on Sunday. The distance might play a factor with not doing any good quality long runs but it has been the same for everybody so it should be a good challenge.
Another quote - "No excuses ! Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe you." Which I find absolutely true.
Dewsbury 10k, Three weeks time, I'm supposed to be cruising along but now my cage has been rattled and that little voice in my head has called for battle stations ready. I will now be going to Dewsbury with all guns blazing.

No comments: