Saturday 13 February 2010

Back on track.

More speed please. After pushing myself to total exhaustion on Wednesday I was keen to get back on track and complete today's speed session that was more achievable this time. By adding ten seconds to make my interval time and taking twenty seconds off my recovery period the session became 3 minutes 40 at 20km/h with 2 minutes 20 recovery with 8 to complete. The session was hard but after Wednesdays torture session it seemed a doddle, so maybe I have stumbled upon another great training idea. (Obviously it can only be used a few time a year).
I'm already looking forward to the next speed session on Wednesday as I am now looking to break my P.B. over 10 miles at the end of the month at the Snake Lane 10 mile, sub 51 minutes 30 will do nicely.
I managed to get my hands on some running books, Charlie Spedding's from last to first and The Haile Gebrselassie story. I've only read a quarter of Charlie Spedding's book and now I know I might win the Edinburgh Marathon, the only problem I have found with Charlie's book is that once you start reading it you can't put the bloody thing back down.
That just leaves a steady twenty miler for tomorrow which to be honest is just getting back to normal especially after running twenty milers all year round when not racing for the last five years. The only dilemma is whether or not I should time myself as I know I might turn the steady run into a time trial if I start looking at my watch.

No comments: