Saturday 27 February 2010

Battle stations ready.

The weather forecast for tomorrow's race at Pocklington (Snake Lane 10 mile) doesn't look promising, with rain and 30 mph winds so a fast time is out of the question which just means I will just have to try harder and win the race instead. If it is windy and raining then I hope it's absolutely horrific then I will have a few runners beaten even before the race starts.
My mid week speed training on the treadmill yet again ended in a surprise failure but at least I pushed myself beyond my limits once again. The thing is, afterwards I didn't feel too down hearted as I would normally feel. The weight training the next day went really well and then there was another surprise today as I went much faster than usual in pre race training.
I have now fueled up to the max ready for tomorrows race by eating loads over the last few days, it's not a case of carbo loading or anything technical like that but just a case of being a greedy little sod.

No comments: