Saturday 20 February 2010

Why pencils have erasers.

I had planned to run round one of my usual long run routes tomorrow but seeing as the best training plans are written in pencil I have erased that plan and inserted a new route of 26 miles. I am now keen and looking forward to the new adventure ahead, next weeks 10 mile race will seem like a sprint in comparison (hopefully).
As I'm trying to cut back on races this year to make sure I get the miles in before the marathon it has made the races I am doing seem all that more important and I'm really looking forward to each one of them.
The speed session today yet again brought a new P.B. which explains the running high at the present time, the run faster seed that I planted in November is starting to grow and I just need to nurture it and keeping it growing ready to bloom come the end of May for the Edinburgh Marathon. But we all know how easy it is for the plant to suddenly die so I will be keeping a careful check on things until then. Then after the Marathon I will be adopting the who cares attitude and taking things as they come with August being a non racing month as usual.

No comments: