Wednesday 1 January 2014

Drink Demons.

  At least I managed a few weeks of reasonable training before the food and drink demons got the better of me over the Christmas and New Year period. I did manage to get out for a bit of a long run between Christmas and the New Year with Phil Utley. I slipped up mentioning that I had some newish trainers because no sooner had them words left my lips we suddenly took a sharp turn straight in to a field of ankle deep mud which resulted in the first five miles taking around an hour. (Well that's what I'm blaming the lack of speed on). The second half of the run went much better with an increase of pace towards the finish, my plan was to make him suffer and get my revenge  for the muddy trainers but I'm sure I was suffering more than him by the end.
  I wouldn't like to guess how much weight I have put on or how much fitness I have lost in such a short period of time but at least I'm ready once again to get stuck back in to some decent raining.
  I will check my weight by the weekend and throw in a 5km test run. Nothing like seeing what damage I have done.
 

No comments: