Wednesday 20 August 2008

Roller coaster ride of running.

Up, down, up every week over the last month has been so different. That's running for you.
I'm just about back to full health now, and today i decided to try my 10 mile hilly test route to see where abouts on my fitness scale i am. This can sometimes be a very bad idea if i run a slow time but if i manage to do well then it's really good for morale and gives me that extra enthusiasm. The result this time was how the Hell did i do that. I was over 3 minutes faster than ever before. I think the forced weeks rest with the bad back must of done me a world of good, from now on i'm going to try and take a week off every year.
My latest idea to get some extra miles in by doing something different involves running to and from work on a Friday. Instead of 11 miles of running and a 16 mile bike ride, i now plan on running the 8 miles to and from work, in doing so i will be able to have an extra 1/2 hour in bed and have a rest from the bike. With my new training plan i think i might get through this winters training with abit more enthusiasm than last years. With the weather the way it is at the moment it feels like i'm in winter training mode already.
The dog is still in retirement mode and just to make it clear if it doesn't want to go running it growls at the lead if you try to put it on. There not as daft as they look these dogs, i want to know how it knew on Saturday that i had a bad back and we would only be going slow.
I've been on Holiday this week so i've had plenty of time to watch the Olympics, i might even stay up to the early hours at the weekend to watch the marathon. My money is on the Kenyan Wanjiru, i think Wanjiru is Kenyan for Dunn but i'm not sure.

1 comment:

Simon Anderson said...

Amazing what a rest can do sometimes.

Surely you have to fancy Martin Lel?