Tuesday 4 October 2022

Running away from the Easy Life

 Easy life is great but not very healthy to be honest. After 6 years practicing  the art of the Easy life the day came when I had to get back doing some sort of exercise. I got my old running shoes out of the garage, oh my ! I must of been a running tramp looking at the state of them, so many holes in them they would of passed for a pair of crocs. 

 As I stepped out to begin my first run and leave the Easy life behind, I thought this is not going to be a stroll in the park. In fact it was more like a stroll in the park as I ran walked ran slowly for a few miles. It was just  a case of persisting with that training and just enjoying it. 

 Should I try one of my 5 miler training runs on the North York Moors, nah let’s try getting over the flyover bridge just up the road first. I had to laugh at the situation. Over the past 15 weeks or so I have spent half the time resting with a bad back than I have done running. So pulled muscle mid back, and Sciatica are now all ok. So roughly I completed 4 weeks training, 3 weeks resting with a bad back, 3 weeks training , 3 weeks resting with Sciatica and  another 2 weeks running. I didn’t seem to lose any fitness with down time albeit I had only a tiny amount to lose anyway. 🙈

At last the time is here to do a park run. Can I get all the way round without walking, what time will I finish with, who will I have to compete with and finally is a sprint finish of any sort achievable. 200th , 150th no matter where I am I will want to beat the person in front of me or defend from losing a place. It’s not a race but it is for me.

No comments: