Saturday 16 May 2009

Return of the dreadmill.

For today's interval session I decided to return to the gym for a max out session on the treadmill. I set the machine at an harder session than ever before and just about completed the session without cracking. I almost gave in just after half way at 30 minutes but the will to succeed overcame those nasty thoughts. I think I had almost forgot how difficult these sessions are to complete, it's a good job as I might not of attempted the session otherwise. Just the twenty two miler tomorrow to get through and then it's a slight wind down before the marathon in two weeks time.
I am off to the Up and Running shop at Harrogate this afternoon to exchange some of my vouchers that I have won into some morale boosting goods. I'm tempted to get some Mizuno Wave Musha Race Shoes and test them next week before using them for the marathon. Knowing my luck they won't have my size in stock which is the usual case.
Good Luck to Ian Fisher of Otley AC for tomorrows run at the Windermere Marathon.
And Finally, I keep getting a strong urge to go and run the London Marathon next year, nothing planned as yet but I do seem to be getting keen on the idea.

No comments: