Saturday 6 June 2009

Marathon Recovery

As expected I could hardly walk on Monday and Tuesday and alot of that was down to some nasty deep rooted blisters. My quads weren't as bad as last year and by Wednesday I managed a short interval session down at the track with the club. Cycling to and from work is a good alternative to running at the moment as it is pain free but I am desperate to get back into some hard training ready for the up and coming races that I have planned.
Today I had a blast on the treadmill for 40 minutes of Interval training, 3 minutes hard by 2 minutes recovery and by the way my legs feel I would say it's going to be Wednesday before I'm back to running without any stiffness in my legs. Another set back this year is the blisters which will no doubt take some time to heal especially as my little toes nail has been ripped off in the enjoyment of marathon running.
I wish I could of run the Kirby Malzeard 1ok race today as it's a race that I like doing. It's a tough course and you have no chance of a P.B. time but as with the Burn Valley Run it is very enjoyable.

No comments: