Sunday 7 June 2009

Trying to get back training.

I set off for today's run of 12 miles steady and straight away my right foot decided it wanted to stop at home and rest the missing toe nail problem. But as a runner, things like this are all part of the fun or so I'm informed. Anyway the good news was my legs felt ok and by half way the old legs were still plodding along fine. I remember last year when a week after the marathon when I had done the same run my legs had stiffened up like at hell at the half way point. Anyway onwards it was and thoughts of being able to recover faster after a marathon flashed through my mind. The thoughts didn't last long as by the eight mile point my legs were aching badly. Jogging along my legs felt really stiff but when I cranked the pace up out of curiosity they didn't seem too bad. How strange! Anyway my planned run to and from work tomorrow will have to be put on hold and an easy 5 miler will now be on the menu.
By the time I get back racing which will be around the 21st June I will only have another five weeks left of racing before the end of my season. As I have been racing since early February I expected to be feeling stale and fed up with racing but at the moment I'm still keen as ever.
For next winter I have already planned my training and weekly mileages of between 40 and 70 will no longer be good enough. 94 miles most weeks will be my aim, with the weekly weight lifting session still to look forward but trying different ideas.

No comments: