Wednesday 6 July 2011

Recovered Recovering.

  I was expecting to spend most of the week recovering from Sunday's half marathon but my legs felt as if they were good enough to try a hard interval session so that is exactly what I did. The session was to run hard for 8 minutes with 3 minutes jog recovery and with the aim of completing four of these and making sure I manage to run the same distance for each of the 8 minute periods. Last week I faded badly on the last 8 minute interval but this week I managed to complete the full distance, my legs were seizing up and I was struggling severely to get enough oxygen into my lungs for the last 4 minutes but the slightest hint of being able to complete the session helped me over come the pain. I'm still a long way off my best but it's a good feeling non the less to make some progress.
   This years Tour De France has been worth watching and even more so now Britain has some riders that are capable of winning but I predict Cadel Evans will win this year  tour overall just so long he doesn't have his usual one bad day were he throws it all away. I'll be cheering our Brad Wiggins on all the way to the finish and I'm sure he will do really well but the question is will he be aggressive enough ? He's more like a Jenson Button of the cycling world.

No comments: