Saturday 30 January 2016

18 again.

  Operation sub 18 minutes for my 5k time trial test was a failure by two seconds but in retrospect I am more than happy with a 23 second improvement in one week. I will definitely not be doing a 5k test run next week that is for sure I think I will try some sort of long interval training session instead. Looking back at 2014s comeback trail I need to be targeting sub 15 minutes which equates to a sub 16 minute 5k out on the road. Yes, some serious work is required. "Gold medals are not given away you have to earn them."
    Yesterday's long run home from work was enjoyable due to the fact it wasn't dark and that I was running at a very comfortable pace, more runs like that and this training lark will be a breeze.
    I have been looking for a race to do in March time to give my lungs a good stretching before the Marina 5 mile race in April unfortunately I haven't found anything to date appropriate for my needs. A couple of local park runs are looking favourable as they will certainly help to give my cardiovascular a good old hammering.
   The weight loss effort is still progressing and is on schedule compared to 2014 the only thing being is I must of been severely motivated back then as by the look of it I'm going to have a right task on my hands keeping up on that score. I can see clearly how having a specific goal to aim for helps no end with all the training and weight loss.

No comments: