Thursday 4 February 2016

Spring Feeling.

  The base training miles are getting easier and easier as the weeks go by, my plan of running 50 miles this week with a rest day is well and truly ahead of schedule as I'm already on 49 miles. Seeing as I will be having Saturday as my rest day I thought I might as well go for a good old runners trick and squeeze an extra running session in tomorrow with two runs of 7 miles each. With a weekly total of around 72 miles it is almost looking like the good old days.
   The miles are getting easier and easier each week due to the feeling of getting the spring back in to my stride,  I can feel the good old springy feel as I'm  running along down the road that feeling doesn't last long but the feeling is getting better and for longer each time it does happen.
    It's looking like the Hartlepool Marina 5 miler will be my first race back which gives me another eight weeks of training to get stuck in to. I don't want to be causing  myself any undue stress by aiming for a particular race time but I find it tremendously difficult not to want to beat my 2014s time of 27 mins 08 seconds. Sub 28 minutes would be good but being greedy I would/need to be looking at sub 27 minutes. That would make for a good starting point.

No comments: