Sunday 7 February 2016

On tour.

   With my final run of the week completed it took my final weekly mileage to 72 miles which I'm more than happy with seeing as I had a day off yesterday to go on a tour round the Copper Dragon Brewery at Skipton. With the A59 being closed due to land slippage I had to take a detour which took me through Otley,  I passed a couple of runners as I was driving along and the there was a runner cruising along making this running lark look easy. I only had a quick look to see who it was seeing as they were travelling in the same direction, I was convinced it was one of my old rivals/friend Jamil Parapia. Once I got home  I checked to see if I was right and sure enough it was, he won't be worrying about me and my comeback seeing as he has just run a 69 minute half marathon.
   It's the NYSD cross country race today on the old race course at Richmond which was my favourite course, I have won there in the past on my way to becoming the NYSD cross country champion for the second time. Another time there I was in close battle with another runner ( Tom Bean City of York ) and he pulled away from me slightly as I was approaching one lap to go, I didn't respond as I felt I could reel him in on the last lap and then out do him by the finishing line. Unfortunately I was directed down the finishing lane as there wasn't another lap to go, so  second it was and a big Oooops. I almost lost second place as well as  I was busy arguing about another lap to do and verging on carrying on.
 

No comments: