Wednesday 10 February 2016

Predictable.

   Looking back through my training diaries after making a comeback the rate of progression is always the same or there about, I get the feeling that I haven't improved this week or that I have reached my peak and won't get any faster but then I go and complete the interval training session that I had planned / predicted.
  I think I will have another go at a 5k test run this Saturday at a speed that I think is just out of my range, if I can do it then that would be awesome if not then I will convert it into an interval training session. I think it will be a case of seeing how much I can suffer and how long for rather than it being a miraculous improvement.
  Next Sunday is the Snake Lane 10 mile race at Pocklington, I never managed to win that race but I did manage to set my 10 mile personal best time there of 51 minutes 42 seconds, I never set out to run a fast time I just wanted to win. Ste Hepples pulled away well clear that day to take the win in 49 minutes whilst I was locked in a battle for second place with Andy Hilton York City. I thought I was capable of beating Andy but credit due he was the better runner that day so I had to make do with third. I came across Andy again that year in April time at the Carlton Challenge  fell race, Andy had been winning a lot of the fell races that year where as it was my first fell race for some time.  I got my revenge that day with a victory and just missed out on beating the all time course record by two seconds. No predictability in races then.

 

No comments: