Sunday 8 July 2007

BurnValley Auto pilot.

I now know not to come back to soon after illness. It was only last Saturday that i was laid up in bed , after feeling better day by day up to Friday i decided i should be ok for the Burn Valley half Marathon. I set off quite steady and by the time i got to half way instead of feeling that i could now turn up the gas i felt like it was time to switch over to auto pilot. As i crossed the finish line i knew straight away i was going to suffer those painful stomach cramps i used to get about 18 months ago after racing. About 20 minutes before the presentation i had no choice but to leave , i was in that much agony , i had guzzled down some Gaviscon medication stuff and all that did was make me feel sick . If anybody has any ideas on a remedy please let me know. I better give Kilburn 7 a miss , even though i don't feel to bad this morning . Unlike yesterday where i felt is it worth carrying on racing and getting those dreaded cramps.

I have two weeks to get some good training in now before my next race the Burton Leonard 10k , with 2 weeks without racing i should be able to get on that start line feeling quite keen. Then i have one last race to finish my season off the James Herriot Trail at Castle Bolton.

No comments: