Friday 17 August 2007

The long,long road to improvement.

My first week back to almost full training and i must admit i'm finding it quite tough. I just need to speed up my recovery between hard sessions and then i will be fine. Saying that though, if i learnt how to do that i would make a fortune selling the idea. Making a training plan would be a lot simpler as well. Monday -Hard , Tuesday - Hard , Wednesday - Harder , Thursday - Impossible , Friday - Hard , Saturday - Speed , Sunday - Race.

I was hoping not to be back racing until the Tees-Pride 10k on the 16th September but due to needing to get another race in for the club Championship it looks like i'll have to go and do Tholthorpe 10k. I will do my long run the day before, probably 23 miles then enjoy the race Sunday without putting to much effort in. Just to complicate matters a bit further Norman Smith the Harriers Chairman has found me a track race for the 8th September. So i've chosen the 3km race on the Saturday followed up by the Long run on the Sunday. So come Tees-Pride , i will be hoping for a good time , a bit quicker than September the year before. Then i'll know i'm heading in the right direction for improving.

I don't know who invented these 24 hour days but there just isn't enough time to fit everything in. The best way i've found of saving time is cutting my sleep time. Only problem is you end up looking like a zombie after a few weeks.

My parents are coming the bank Holiday weekend so that will totally ruin any training ideas. I remember once when they came over and i was bike racing. I said "i have to go to a race tomorrow so you will have to come and watch" , my mother said " where do you think you will finish ", "probably 6th somewhere around there" i replied. "What do you get for 6th ", "10 pounds it says here " "Dennis give him ten quid then we can do something else."
Hows that for encouragement.

No comments: