Monday 27 August 2007

The track will wait.

As predicted my training has taken a nose dive this weekend with my parents coming to visit.
Then to finish the bank holiday off , i couldn't be bothered to go training on Monday as well. My training log won't be looking to good when i get round to filling it in. Only good thing so far is i'm half a stone lighter than this time last year but on everything else i'm starting to fall behind. I'm starting to sound like one of those useless dieters , "Forget this week i'll start afresh next week."
My main aim next year being the Edinburgh Marathon gives me something to aim for at least, unlike this year where i had no particular target which made winter training really hard.
I turned up for the club time trial which i was going to gauge how well i was going , the course was different in being on grass instead of tarmac but the distance was the same 2.2 mile approx. With a time of 11 minutes 12 seconds and a feeling of a heart attack , i was exactly 1 minute down from my best road time trial. I feel this is far too much time to loose on such a short distance which in turn lowers my motivation a bit further. I'm starting to think that the Wetherby 10k at almost full speed all the way round might be a better option than a short track race with pressure to run a fast time and then another really long run. As Rob Gray has done such a good job of organising the Wetherby 10k it seems a lot better choice.
Road running was where i started and became addicted to running and seeing as i've never raced on a track the track can wait another day.
It's the Tholthorpe 10k road race this coming Sunday and with a long run the day before , hopefully i'll be just cruising round with no pressure. But i keep getting these daft ideas about giving it some on tired legs just to see how i get on. There is nothing like putting pressure on myself with a recipe for disaster , to lower my motivation further by ending up with a really slow time.
So Tholthorpe cruise control it is. But i've never started any race and not raced ! So who knows ?
I'm sure i must have race tourettes or something.
The dog look pleasesd to actually go for a walk for a change instead of a run. My father took it for a stroll to the paper shop , i hope it doesn't think it's going for a lovely little ramble in the morning as a fast tempo 9 miler is on the menu for being lazy the last few days.

No comments: