Saturday 17 November 2007

R.I.P. Nike and don't come back.

The Nike trainers have now been sacked from all running activities. I could not take any more crap from these trainers.I found a pair of Saucony Grid Triumphs for £49.00 and couldn't stop myself from buying them. Within 2 seconds of my first run they were worn in and ready to go. Running has now become a pleasure again rather than the torture Nike had made me endure for the last few months.
North Yorkshire South Durham Cross Country went ahead at Thirsk i am happy to report, after so many months in doubt.The weather wasn't to my liking and the muddy conditions certainly weren't, but the racing was great. With one short lap and five long laps i was preparing for a long run. After the warm up lap or should i say the short lap i then went into race mode. That Alex Duffield once again tucked in right behind me. I wasn't to bothered as i would eventually were him down. Mid way round lap 2 of the long ones i attacked and Duffield didn't really respond so i pressed on pleased with knowing that was the end of him. By the end of lap 3 that Duffield lad had managed to get back to me. I'm sure it wasn't me slowing down and credit due now he was making life very tough for me. Each time round the football pitches which was the only decent bit of ground i worked hard to open up a small gap. With half a lap to go, Duffield was still determined and prepared to battle it out to the line, i made my last all out effort to win the race and cross the line absolutely stuffed and freezing cold.What a battle.
The Thirsk 10 is next on my race list. Which i am really looking forward to doing.
Either winning, getting beat in a good fight or even setting a P.B. i will take anything. The next day i fly out to Lanzarote to start my week of warm weather training. The dog will be going to the sister-in-Laws for its Holiday, So it will have to make do with a nice long relaxing week in front of the T.V.
I am also keen to race in the Yorkshire Cross Country Championships but have not seen any confirmed information anywhere yet. If anybody knows anything please let me know.

No comments: