Sunday 7 December 2008

Crash,Drink and Cross Country.

On Tuesday i could hardly walk never mind run after coming off my bike on the way to work. Slowly but surely my leg got better and today at the Cross Country Race it was just about ok.
The Cross Country Race today was at Acklam Grange School and to be honest i wasn't looking forward to running around some school fields with a sore leg. But the course was far from being a school field bore, it was in fact just about perfect for a Cross Country Race, not to hilly, plenty of mud and some slippery turns which caught a few runners out. The race was one by one of my previous years rivals that being Alec Duffield from Loftus, and today he was in a class of his own and too far ahead for my liking. I knew i would be going a lot better today than i have done in the past few months but even so i have a lot of work to do to be in contention with the likes of Alec Duffield, but i feel i'm capable of bridging the gap if he doesn't improve himself over the next month or so. My leg held out until the last lap then i started to feel a dull pain but it didn't impair my performance i'm sorry to say, it would of been nice to say it cost me a minute and i could of won but i'm happy to of been beaten and i can now look forward to all the gruesome training and suffering ahead required to get back to peak performance.
The Thirsk and Sowerby Harriers Christmas Party was Friday just gone and i did try for a few minutes not to drink too much but after the first drink was down the hatch Mr Happy wanted more to quench his thirst, the wife says more like Mr Gobby. It's alright for her she wasn't drinking. Anyway i had a good night and the headache the next day went nicely with the aching leg. Small price to pay for a good night i think. Oh ! I bought some Irish accent spray for £5.00 that my young lad talked me into buying and IT WORKS LIKE A TREAT SO IT DOES. Not really the robbing bast***s. I should of known better especially with all the people i have called for buying magic bracelets to improve their runing.

No comments: