Monday 26 January 2009

The hardest day yet - A rest day

I ran another twenty miler on Saturday and then come Sunday i had a forced rest which was well over due especially with week after week of hard training. I found it hard to sit still all day and felt a bit irritated that i was missing out some training whilst my rivals were out there racing. But just as you would expect the rest day did me a world of good and i felt fresh and raring to go for today's hard interval training on the treadmill, instead of the planned session, i added thirty seconds to the hard effort and took thirty seconds off the recovery time and i still managed to complete the session which now puts me in P.B. form on the treadmill. Still some work needs to be done to convert all this training into a P.B. smashing performance but when things are moving forward it all seems a lot easier.
The club time trial is this Wednesday which serves as a perfect test to see how fit i really am, plus it will help getting me race fit ready for my new season ahead.
I have just about sorted out all my new race kit for this season but the new road shoes may be to light for a marathon. So i will be needing some more trainers for the marathon, either Mizuno Idaten's which i think are bomb proof or i might try some of them Adidas Adios which have slightly more cushioning and Gebreselassie wore them for the world marathon record.
I have a locker in the garage for all the running footwear, but they all seem to make there way back into the house over time. Fell shoes, road training shoes, new road racing shoes, last seasons road racers for crappy conditions, training trail shoes, spikes, racing trail shoes, leisure wear trainers and now i need to tell the wife i need some new trainers for the marathon. But still a lot cheaper than cycling which can be brought up in defence.

No comments: