Monday 19 January 2009

T.T.T. - The Treadmill Test

After yesterdays 20 miler i did a 50 minute high intensity treadmill interval session today and i think i am just about ready to race now after comparing my results from past seasons. From my first 10k race or 5 miler i usually improve rapidly with racing to take another minute off, so my first race back will be a good insight into how my training has worked out. I have reduced my mileage slightly but increased the intensity here and there plus this year i'm going to try and stick with the gym session all year round instead of packing in come February, as i feel it's a long road back to where you left off never mind improve on the previous year.
Stretching - Now i have hit the big 'four o' i must make a real effort to do more stretching exercises, especially as i know from over two years ago when i carried out stretching exercises three times a day and that season i hardly ever had any stiff joints, Achilles pain or any other problem that needed a few miles to loosen up.
I can take it a bit easy tomorrow with a seven and half mile run to work then same again back home, at least it makes a change from the cycle to work same old routine. Come the lighter evenings i will extend the run home via some trails which will help with the mileage and make the run a bit more scenic.

No comments: