Sunday 18 January 2009

Old Ripon 10 mile twice round.

For my long run this weekend i ran the Old Ripon 10 mile race route twice. First lap as a warm up in 1 hour 10 minutes ending the lap in blustery sleet conditions then on the second lap the weather improved as i ran it as a fast jog in 1 hour 6 mins 02 secs. I was expecting to get round a bit quicker i suppose but at least i finished the 20 miles quite strongly which is a big improvement than the last few weeks. By the time i completed my training run the Brass Monkey half marathon would of been well on the way which i should of been racing, but as i need to get training it was a sacrifice that had to be made.
The gym work is still going well and i'm breaking all my lifting P.B.'s week after week, i'm not to sure how far to push this weight lifting idea and how it will effect my running overall but it does make a change to go to the gym once a week and get away from running.
Another week of hard training and the long run on the Saturday and then i can look forward to a day off next Sunday as i'm off visiting my dad, but i should still get some mileage in if he takes me out on one of his walks.









No comments: