Sunday 4 January 2009

Job Done

That 21 mile run today seemed a lot harder than i remember from doing it last year. I can conclude that its going to take a lot of hard long miles to get back to marathon fitness but i have time on my side. The hardest part is going to be getting down to my race weight, each year the task becomes harder probably due to some middle age spread i presume.
I have entered the Blacksheep Race Series as i just can't keep away from most of the races in the series. The Kirkby Malzeard 10k is looking doubtful seeing as it is run on the Saturday after the Marathon but you never know. Ripon 10 will be a good test for me before the Marathon and the Burn Valley pleasant nightmare will have to be run this year, so the Blacksheep Race Series it is.
I have a few races penciled in for the near future but they will be more of a test to see how my training is coming along. Hopefully not too many rivals will be ticking me off on their hit lists before i can get operating at full power again.
A couple of easy days to look forward to now and recover from the week of hard training especially now the enthusiasm is back, the last thing i need now is to drive myself into the ground by over training.

No comments: