Monday 23 February 2009

Second life.

This weekend i had to return back to my other life as a family man, which worked out well really seeing as i have picked up a cold with a chest infection. I can't grumble really as i have gone all winter without any illness's up until now. I'm just hoping the cold isn't going to last more than the back end of this week so that i can get back into that training i was enjoying.
I managed a walk round the Carlton Challenge Fell race course on Sunday and just as i was departing i ended up with one last bit of exercise in that i had to do a wheel change on the car which had a puncture. If it's not one thing then it's another.
With pub meals and drinks Saturday and Sunday the hard long campaign of trying to loose weight has taken another step in the wrong direction, more valuable racing seconds are being added by the second. It's funny how you have one weekend off and all them months of hard work feel like they have vanished for good.
The Club time trial this Wednesday at Scarbrough will make a good change, i might even be able to slip a few pints of Lager in afterwards if it helps get rid of chest infections. I'm sure that's what one of my club mates recommended. Cameron Choules i think it was, it might of been Guisness not Lager, Guisness also being a fantastic post race energy drink he assures me.

No comments: