Wednesday 5 February 2014

Training plan goes up in smoke.

  The journey to the National Championships continues but after today's 5km test run it felt like I have managed to take a short cut by cutting a corner. My target time was 17 minutes 45 seconds which I knew I was capable of achieving so plan 'B' came into force which was to see what size of a chunk I could knock off that time. The training was going so well plan 'C' was adopted which was to run under 17 minutes.
  Somehow I had convinced myself that it wouldn't be too hard but to be honest it felt hard after only a few minutes had passed and then it  just got harder until the final extra long sprint finish which just about finished me off. 16 minutes and 59 seconds and I'm pretty damned  sure that I couldn't of gone any quicker.
  My training plan is now in tatters which is a good thing for a change as I'm now around 2 months ahead of schedule, things are going to start getting really hard from here but even so I will try to knock off another 15 seconds come my next test at the end of February.
  I also did a good old  1.5 mile test run early on this week in 7 minutes 48 seconds which I will be trying to get down to 7 minutes 10 seconds. I have ran under 7 minutes plenty of times in the past and that would be total awsome if I could do that now.

No comments: