Saturday 1 February 2014

Area 16

   Well that's my final speed session completed and now I'm ready and fired up for my next 5k test run come Wednesday. My training plan has 17 mins 45 secs to aim for but I'm positive I will demolish that plan so I think I will aim to get into the 16 minute territory. It's good to see my training is working better than anything I could of anticipated and with some added aggression and the willing to absorb some serious pain Wednesday could be become a very good day indeed.
   Tomorrow I have penciled in a long steady run of around 12 miles nothing too serious, I won't be taking any GPS or timing devices with me as I don't want the training session to turn in to some sort of session to see how fast I can go. Forget calories burnt, speed, average speed, distance travelled, time, heart rate and the rest of it, all I need to remember is to keep my head up and enjoy the surrounding countryside too often in the past I have found myself hammering along with my head down and going way too fast compared to what I should be doing.
    If I do manage to break in to the sixteen minute territory I will treat myself to some new race shoes. These Brooks ones I am using at the moment don't seem to agree with me unlike the price of them which did. I will go back to using the Adidas Adios I think which my feet absolutely love but my wallet doesn't.

No comments: