Friday 18 September 2009

Plan B

Tomorrow I will be going on the treadmill in my pursuit to go faster, I might not be as good on the hill sections next year but I should be quicker on the flat as I aim to improve my out right speed with the aid of the new treadmill. Two minutes at 20km/h with two minutes rest for 50 minutes is on the menu for breakfast followed by Italian food and beers in the evening.
Due to a late change I am now going it alone on the Sunday long run, at short notice I have discussed a route with my route manager and the Osmotherly Phoneix Fell Race route is marked out on my map. I was going to tackle my old favourite 22 miler around Kepwick but the idea of another expedition into the unknown has won it by a long way.
I could do with an early start on Sunday to make it back in time to watch the Great North Run live on TV but I can't see myself getting up that early after a few drinks. So I will just have to get my money's worth out of the sky+ machine.
The following weekend is a charity event at Castle Howard for cancer research. On the entry form I ordered a small T-Shirt so the wife could have one seeing as I have plenty of T-Shirts from all the other races I do. I just didn't realise that I'm supposed to wear the lovely bright turquoise garment with pink writing on it, and with it fitting like a skin tight thermal vest I certainly don't look too macho in it.

No comments: