Saturday 31 October 2009

All round.

This morning instead of an easy 5 miler I opted to stick to my new idea and have another go at the all round training. Weight training for 1 hour, stepping machine work 15 minutes and the treadmill for 30 minutes to finish off. I just have another two weeks left to get into top form for the International Masters Cross Country Race, I wish I had a little bit more time to fit some race specific cross country racing in and to test which spikes are better, the cross country shoes or the middle distance shoes. I may have to forget next weeks long run and do some cross country training instead. Who knows ?
I'm really looking froward to the Thirsk 10 mile and there should be plenty of Top runners heading this way to do battle. I will try and not do any test runs so I have no idea what sort of time I could expect to run as in the past I can usually estimate within 30 seconds what I am capable of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All right. I see you went for a run with Steve Hepples recently. A good run out?
Some say the XC tomorrow won't be churned up but I know it will be. I did run on the road once in spikes prior to a winter relay in Harrogate some years ago after he reversed down a ditch while sliding on the ice!