Friday 30 October 2009

Rest Days Researched. The Results Are.......

Having just returned from a four nights short break I can conclude that from extensive research by myself that taking rest days and easy days away from hard training do not make you feel fully refreshed but instead makes all your joints stiffen up and leaves you with a sluggish feeling. To shake off this feeling I immediately went to the gym and got stuck into a hard treadmill session and I now feel pleasantly totally knackered, which is more a feeling I'm used to.
I have planned a long run off road Sunday with Rob Addyman that has had some good results fell running over the last few years, I will be trying once again to get him to sign up for Thirsk and Sowerby Harriers as he would fit straight into our front line of attack. The weather forecast is torrential rain for Sunday but I can't say that will deter me in the slightest now I'm keen as ever.

No comments: