Sunday 25 October 2009

Early bird and Adios.

I got up early this morning to get my long run done before going on holiday, early than I thought as I forgot to put the clock back. It always pays to put the clock back a hour before going to bed so I don't forget but as usual I forgot to prevent forgetting thus forgot. A better Idea would be to put my watch back a hour mid way round my training run then I would finish in a new world record time. The course I ran today is not one of my favourites as I always find it extremely hard work as it is continuously up and down the whole way, the hills aren't too long but they are relentless in sapping away any energy left in my legs. I say it's not one of my favourite courses as I find it such hard work but on the flip side I will gain more from this run. (Picture of Newburgh Priory that is on route.)
I have a couple of long runs planned with company and a couple of cross country races planned and then it will be just about dare I say it "Christmas". With trying to concentrate more on training this winter than racing too much I still don't seem to have enough time to fit everything in.
The Adidas Supernova Glide training shoes have been that good I'm going to go for Adidas in the race shoe department as well very soon. Adidas Adios are looking firm favourites even more so as the latest ones are black, I was never that keen on my bright yellow and red Mizuno's. The Thirsk 10 should be a great excuse for getting some and should assist in knocking a few seconds off my time with the feel good factor.

No comments: