Saturday 24 October 2009

All Rounder

Today's training was weight training for forty minutes then cycling for twenty minutes and finally running for twenty minutes. The overall effect probably won't do much for my running ability but it does wonders for my feel good factor and makes the next running session all that much more interesting. I have still got four pounds to loose in the never ending battle with my weight, but when those pounds do eventually vanish so will seconds if not minutes will vanish off my race times. (Hopefully).
I'm off to the west coast of Scotland on holiday this week which will restrict my training but no doubt a bit of rest will do me more good than harm. I'm still on course to be in top form come the International Masters Cross Country and two weeks after that the Thirsk 10 mile road race. I will be trying my up most to get under 51 minutes which should move me up nicely in the National V40 rankings to number one. The number one at the moment has run 10 mile in 52 minutes 07 seconds so I am capable of beating that. It would be nice to add the 10 mile No1 ranking to my 5 mile No1 ranking by the year end. Even if I don't manage to succeed having a target to aim for certainly helps with the mental side of hard training. Plus there is always my close rivals on my hit list that keep me focused, and I'm looking two tick a couple more off by the end of January if all goes to plan.

No comments: