Saturday 5 December 2009

One small step for man kind one giant step for me.

What a morning ! After getting out of be this morning with stiff legs and joints I knew the treadmill session ahead was going to be really hard work. I had my Orbana Energy Drink to test as well as my new Adidas Races Shoes so I was kind of looking forward to it. I had an Energy drink before the training and took one with me to drink during the training session. The Adidas race shoes were a snug fit and felt really light which is how I like them.
The previous treadmill session I did at 20km/h was to run at that speed for 2 minutes 40 seconds with 2 minutes 20 seconds jog recovery and repeat for 50 minutes. I only just about managed to complete the session last time so adding 10 seconds to the fast part and taking 10 seconds off the recovery was bound to be a serious work out for me. As soon as the treadmill fired up I switched to 3 minutes at 20km/h with only 2 minutes recovery. I smashed them 3 minute intervals one after the other, a mouthful of energy drink with each rep completed just spurred me on more.
I know from past experience that it's not just about making one big gain but adding together all the small gains. The training, the weight training, the cross training, the energy drink, the feel good factor of the new race shoes and possibly the bad run at the Masters International Cross Country that made me more determined have all helped me smash my treadmill P.B. Oh ! Not forgetting the all important Left sock on first.
Thirty minutes of weight training after the treadmill session was a piece of cake with being so pleased with myself. Roll on Ribble Valley 10k.

Orbana Energy Drink Trial.

The product comes in powder form to prevent the drink loosing its potency when stored in a liquid state. Just add water into the bottle that has powder all ready inside and shake well. It has a fruity taste slightly biased towards orange I would say. It's very easy to drink / swallow and you could down one of these with no problem what so ever during a race if need be, with no need to wash it down with water. The drink has a very slight medicinal taste to it, I will have to give my wife a sip of the next one to see what she thinks for a second opinion. To be honest the taste is of little importance to me as I am more concerned with what it can do than anything else.
Did it work ? It did it's job that is for sure with this test. Next I will give it a try on an endurance run upto 3 hours.
After writing on my blog about a hang over remedy they assure me it's great for that as well, as many of their office staff have tried it. Seeing as it's a health drink as well as an energy drink it's packed with minerals and vitamins etc so it's not hard to see why it would help.




1 comment:

Antony Bradford said...

You could be on to something really good here. Did you say left sock on first?