Tuesday 8 December 2009

Back to the future.

After the works Christmas bash I only had a slight headache the next morning, so I went to the gym for just over a hour. By doing a quick weights session followed by 20 minutes each on the treadmill, cycle and stepper machine it helped get rid of the headache. I did suffer from extra sweat loss as any lager left in my system started to leak out of my sweat glands.
This week so far has been a case of getting on with the normal training routine with the looking forward part this week focusing on Saturday's interval session. With another evening out to look forward to as well.
Rob Addyman who lives locally who I trained with not so long ago, has proved me right and has had a great race at the Eureka Eskdale Fell Race by finishing second but only by an inch at most. I have no doubt he will be victorious very shortly. I am trying my best to try and sign him up for the Thirsk Harriers seeing as he is unattached at the moment.
With Andrew Halliday winning races around the Birmingham area since wearing the Thirsk colours of yellow and blue, Thirsk may once again be a force to be reckoned with. Anyone else out there that is unattached and can run sub 30 minutes for 10k please let me know, I might be able to get you a free Thirsk 10 mile 2009 long sleeve T-Shirt once you have signed up.

No comments: