Tuesday 12 January 2010

The best training plan.

The best training plans are the ones written in pencil.

I would imagine that I don't manage more than five days at the most without changing a pre planned training session. If I plan to do an easy session then for some strange reason I'll probably be ready for an all out hard session and if there's a hard session ahead then you can bet I will be feeling tired and stiff. So changing the sessions is quite normal theses days.
Due to the ice the bike has been parked up so twenty eight miles has been deposited into the mileage bank ready for some race. Last Wednesday I found really hard with the seven mile run to work and then the speed training with the club in the evening, the speed work suffered due to tiredness so I'm dragging that bike out of it's winter hibernation tomorrow morning to commute to work. Just to make sure I'm not getting off to lightly I'll have to go the long way round as some of the tracks are just a mass of solid ice.

1 comment:

Andrew's blog said...

Gary

I have a speed session tomorrow night which I am not looking forward to!!!

2k warm up, then 7 x 800 (5m 15s pace) intervals with 7 x 800 (6m 15s) slower. Not sure about the warm down depends if I can walk!

Keep up the good work. I've done 2 x 10 mile runs this week and some miles on the bike. The aim is for a 1-2 with you this year in one of the Black Sheep races so make sure you keep training as I wouldn't want you to break the pact!

Andrew Halliday