Tuesday 5 January 2010

Climb better or run faster ?

Another torturous 14 miles completed today through snow and ice. The spike idea on the comments might not be a bad idea. I have now switched my way of thinking into that of when I was biking in that the worse the weather is the more chance I have of training whilst my rivals aren't. So I'm hoping for lots more snow and ice, the more the better.
Due to not being able to cycle to work tomorrow I will just have to run there again and with the running club to go to after work I should be on for one of my highest mileage weeks for a very long while. Not bad seeing as I am not too bothered with the mileage at the moment.
Saturday I am planning an interval session on the treadmill with the aim of hitting 23km/h for as long as possible with 3 minutes recovery, 12 of these should do the trick nicely. I'm still convinced that training myself to run at this higher speed will increase my overall top end cruising speed on the flat but will reduce my climbing power. You can't be the best climber in the world as well as being the best sprinter in the world. So you just have to pick which way you want to be slightly biased or go 50/50. I Maybe I'm totally wrong but I will have fun experimenting non the less.

No comments: