Thursday 7 January 2010

Fig No1

All this snow hasn't stopped me from training, all the excuses I hear just spur me on even more. I'm not saying the training is easy but if you want to win sacrifices have to be made, if your not willing then you just have to be happy with the best you can do. There's nowt worse than listening to a load of feeble excuses.
In my world if you want to win then you have to be prepared to try everything possible, it's not all plain sailing. Like I say it may look like an easy win but to the victor it is months of hard work.
I have managed to shed 2lbs in weight this week so another 7lb to loose by May should be quite easy. It will be interesting this year to see what body fat percentage and what muscle mass percentage I end up with in time for the marathon. Last year I was a few pounds heavier than 2008 but felt it was due to having more muscle mass, at least this year I will have more accurate information.
This week I thought I would try some different fruits to take to work, figs and lychees I picked. Figs were a favourite food source for Gladiators and so I was pleased to find I absolutely loved them and have placed them in the number one slot for my five a day. The Lychees are a different story all together I found them like sucking on eyeballs that taste like lemon washing-up liquid and are only fit for firing out of catapults.

No comments: